We offer STUDEX ear piercing with a complimentary after care solution!
The world’s largest manufacturer of ear-piercing equipment.
This global brand is safe, sterile and the products are manufactured to the most rigorous health and safety standards, an uncompromising commitment to quality and service.
Great choice of earrings to choose from, as well as a complimentary ear care solution to take away.
How ears are professionally pierced
The following 9 steps describe what to expect when you have your ears pierced:
For the ear lobe or cartilage only.
A choice of earrings and a cleaning solution are given to every client.
Please NOTE, must be over the age of 8 and under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult due to health and safety requirements.
- Always wash hands thoroughly before touching studs or ear.
- Cleanse front and back of the ear 2-3 times a day with STUDEX® Ear Care Lotion or Gel without removing studs.
- Apply lotion or gel to the front and back of the stud and gently slide forward and back. Repeat twice daily.
- Keep hair spray, soap, shampoo and other preparations away from the ear.
- After shampooing, the ear should be rinsed with clear water and then apply STUDEX® Ear Care Lotion or Gel as described above.
- Leave studs on ears for 6 weeks continuously.
- After 6 weeks, the stud can be removed, and other post-type earrings may be worn continuously.
- Use only post style earrings continuously for the first 6 months after piercing. The post should be surgical stainless steel or other hypoallergenic material.
- Minor pain/redness may occur immediately after piercing – this is normal. This will settle within 48 hoursprovided proper after care is followed. If undue pain/swelling/redness occurs, consult your doctor IMMEDIATELY.
- If infection has set in, do not remove the ear-piercing stud until you have consulted your doctor.
- Leave studs in ears for 12 weeks continuously.
- Use only post style earrings continuously for the first 12 months after piercing. The post should be surgical stainless steel or other hypoallergenic material.
- Due to the nature of ear cartilage, extra care should be taken during the healing period. Minor pain/redness may occur immediately – this is normal. This will settle within 48 hoursprovided proper after care is followed.
- If undue pain/swelling/redness occurs, consult your doctor IMMEDIATELY. If infection has set in, do not remove the ear-piercing stud until you have consulted your doctor.
The pierced area should be CLEANSED with STUDEX® Ear Care Lotion or Gel then kept DRY, especially after swimming or exercise.
DO NOT remove the studs from ear during ear care procedure.
DO NOT handle your ears and/or studs unnecessarily.
DO NOT push the clasp along the post towards the ear. This is essential as tight earrings may lead to infection.
DO NOT use alcohol or hydrogen peroxide to care for newly pierced ears.
Questions and Answers
Yes! All Studex® ear piercing studs and hoops are packaged and sterilized to meet or exceed U.S. FDA standards and EC European regulations.
Studex® ear piercing systems are designed to pierce ears virtually pain free. When performed properly, most people feel little or no discomfort.
Yes! All Studex® ear piercing systems are safe for ears of any age.
Yes! Many people with sensitive ears use Studex® sterilized earrings for everyday use.
A minimum of 6 weeks for pierced ear lobes and 12 weeks for ear cartilage piercings.
Clean the pierced area(s) with Studex® After Piercing Lotion at least once a day. More frequent cleaning is necessary after excessive physical activity. Avoid touching the piercings whenever possible.
Some schools, sports clubs or other institutions have strict regulations on wearing jewellery. Earrings may generally be forbidden during sports activities or must be covered with tape or bandages. Please obtain information about these regulations in advance. To prevent the new holes from closing, the piercing earrings should not be removed during the healing period. If this is not possible because of any regulations, we recommend planning your ear piercing for the vacation period.
During the healing period (6 weeks for earlobes, 12 weeks for ear cartilage) it’s best to avoid swimming. After all, each new ear piercing is a small wound, which should be kept as clean as possible. Public swimming pools are often contaminated with germs, especially bacteria. And pools that use chlorine may cause problems, since chlorine and its by-products can dry out and irritate your skin. Even lakes or oceans may be contaminated with germs. Therefore, if you decide to go swimming anyway and your ear gets in contact with water, we recommend that you follow your swim with using a care product. You may also use a waterproof bandage, which you should remove after swimming.